The waftools package contains a collection of tools for the waf build environment.
The waf framework provides a meta build system allowing users to create concrete build systems. Out of the box it provides support for building and installation of programs for a myriad of programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Fortran, Lua, ...), when needed new functions (e.g. source code checking) can be added to a concrete build solution using tools which can be imported and used in wscript build files. See the wafbook for a detailed description of the waf meta build system structure and usage.
The waftools package provides a collection of tools focused on development projects using the C/C++ programming languages. When installed these tools can be imported and used from any wscript file of a concrete waf build system. Following provides a non-exhausting list of functions provided by this package:
- C/C++ source code checking using CppCheck (including HTML reports)
- Create C/C++ documentation using DoxyGen
- C/C++ export to IDE’s (e.g. CodeBlocks, Eclipse, VisualStudio)
- Clean and format C/C++ source code using GNU indent
- Create installers using NSIS
- C/C++ export to makefiles (e.g. make, cmake)
- List dependencies between build tasks