- Changed Selenium backend to use Webdriver (Selenium-2.x) instead of the
Selenium Remote-Control (Selenium-1.x). See the upgrade notes for details.
This only supports remote webdriver access to Firefox at this point.
- Marking the API as stable.
- Added gocept.selenium.skipUnlessBrowser decorator to skip tests unless
ceratins browser requirements are met.
- Fix: The static test server did not shutdown in some situations.
- Fixed selenese popup tests.
- Open a random port for the server process by default: When the environment
variable GOCEPT_SELENIUM_APP_PORT is not set, a random free port is bound.
This allows parallel testing, for instance (#11323).
- WSGI-Layer is comptabile with Python 2.5.
- Encoding support in converthtmltests
(Patch by Tom Gross <email@example.com>).
- XHTML support for selenium tables
(Patch by Tom Gross <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
- API expansion: Added assertCssCount. Thus requiring selenium >= 2.0.
- Added Trove classifiers to package metadata.
- Moved code to Mercurial.
- Fixed WSGI flavor: There was a RuntimeError in tear down if the WSGI
server was shut down correctly.
- Updated URL of bug tracker.
- script extra no longer requires elementtree on Python >= 2.5.
- Added a selenese assert type ‘list’ and added it to the window management
- API expansion: added openWindow.
- API change: filter the result of getAllWindowNames to ignore ‘null’.
- backwards-compatible API change: selectWindow now selects the main
window also when passed the window id None or no argument at all.
- pinned compatible ZTK version to 1.0.1, grok version to 1.2.1, generally
pinned all software packages used to consistent versions for this package’s
- API expansion: added getAllWindow* and selectWindow.
- Added some notes how to test a Zope 2 WSGI application.
- Described how to test a Zope 2/Plone application if using plone.testing
to set up test layers.
- Improvements on the README.
- Wrote a quick start section for packages using ZTK but using
zope.app.wsgi.testlayer instead of zope.app.testing.
- Allowed to use regexp as pattern prefix for regular expressions
additionally to regex to be compatible with the docstring and the
- Script that generates python tests from Selenium HTML tables.
Reused from KSS project, courtesy of Jeroen Vloothuis, original author.
- Using a URL of Selenium RC in README where version 1.0.3 can be
downloaded (instead of 1.0.1) which works fine with Firefox on Mac OS X,
- Provide integration with the recent testlayer approach
(zope.app.appsetup/zope.app.wsgi) used by Grok (#8260).
- Provide integration with plone.testing
- Make browser and RC server configurable (#6484).
- Show current test case in command log (#7876).
- Raise readable error when connection to RC server fails (#6489).
- Quit browser when the testrunner terminates (#6485).
- Fixed tests for the StaticFilesLayer to pass with Python 2.4 through 2.7.
- API expansion: getSelectOptions
- API expansion: getElementHeight|Width, getCookie* and a few others.
- lots of action methods (mouse* among others)
- assertXpathCount now also takes ints (#7681).
- API expansion: add isChecked to verify checkboxes, runScript,
clickAt, getLocation, getSelectedValue, getSelectedIndex.
- The pause method uses float division now. Pauses where implicitly rounded
to full seconds before when an int was passed.
- The name of the factored test layer contains the module of the bases now. The
name is used by zope.testrunner distinguish layers. Before this fix selenium
layers factored from base layers with the same names but in different modules
would be considered equal by zope.testrunner.
- The factored ZTK layer cleanly shuts down the http server in tearDown now.
This allows to run different selenium layers in one go.
- Add a static files test layer for running selenium tests against a set
of static (HTML) files.
- Patterns now also work with multiline strings,
i. e. ‘foo*’ will match ‘foonbar’ (#7790).
- API expansion: *keyDown, *keyUp, keyPress.
- API expansion: added getSelectedLabel.
- Ignore the code of a server’s response when calling open. The default
behaviour of SeleniumRC changed between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 but we want the old
behaviour by default.
- API expansion: add getLocation to retrieve currently loaded URL in
- API expansion: added waitForPopUp, selectPopUp, deselectPopUp
- API expansion: added verifyAlertPresent, verifyAlertNotPresent and
- Usability: raise a better readable exception when an unimplemented selenese
method is called.
- Usability: raise failure exceptions that convey the name of the failed
assertion in spite of some lambdas wrapped around it.
- Extracted ‘host’ and ‘port’ as class attributes of gocept.selenium.ztk.Layer
so subclasses can override them; stopped hardcoding 8087 as the server port.
- Fix incomplete sdist release on PyPI.
- Make Zope 2 test server reachable from the outside.
- Implemented getTitle/assertTitle/waitForTitle/etc.