Changes in version 3.3
Universal Feed Parser 3.3 was released on July 15, 2004.
- optimized EBCDIC to ASCII conversion
- fixed obscure problem tracking xml:base and xml:lang if element declares it, child doesn’t, first grandchild redeclares it, and second grandchild doesn’t
- refactored date parsing
- defined public registerDateHandler so callers can add support for additional date formats at runtime
- added support for OnBlog, Nate, MSSQL, Greek, and Hungarian dates (ytrewq1)
- added zopeCompatibilityHack() which turns FeedParserDict into a regular dictionary, required for Zope compatibility, and also makes command-line debugging easier because pprint module formats real dictionaries better than dictionary-like objects
- added NonXMLContentType exception, which is stored in bozo_exception when a feed is served with a non-XML media type such as 'text/plain'
- respect Content-Language as default language if no xml:lang is present
- cloud dict is now FeedParserDict
- generator dict is now FeedParserDict
- better tracking of xml:lang, including support for xml:lang=’’ to unset the current language
- recognize RSS 1.0 feeds even when RSS 1.0 namespace is not the default namespace
- don’t overwrite final status on redirects (scenarios: redirecting to a URI that returns 304, redirecting to a URI that redirects to another URI with a different type of redirect)
- add support for HTTP 303 redirects