A light-weight translation application designed to simplify the process of creating multi-lingual websites and serving appropriate content.
Some reasons for using mothertongue:
- In-built integration with django-localeurl 1.4 or above
- Automatic langauge detection and redirect based on the user’s browser settings
- Automatic redirecting, state and querystring persistence on language change
- Language navigation menu object made available globally for easy implementation of language changing controls
- Extend from django-mothertongues’ translation model to allow translation of any model you choose in as many languages as you define in your settings file
- No fiddly language template tags - django-mothertongue handles all the magic!
- Translate all your model fields or just one or two
- django-mothertongue is compatible with django-tinymce
- django-mothertongue can work side by side with django-rosetta or on its own
- Search engines will index all languages.
You can install mothertongue with pip
pip install django-mothertongue
The mothertongue code is licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE.txt file in the distribution.