- The instance in the Zope URL space which defines a “zone of service”
for a set of tools.
- dotted name
- The Pythonic representation of the “path” to a given function /
module, e.g. Products.GenericSetup.tool.exportToolset.
- A “preset” configuration of a site, defined on the filesystem
or in a tarball.
- base profile
- Profiles which represent the entire configuration of a given
site, and have no dependencies.
- extension profile
- Profile fragments are used to modify a site created from a given
base profile. They can be shipped with add-on products or
used for customization steps. Importing an extension
profile adds or overwrites existing settings in a fine-grained
way. An extension profile cannot be exported.
- A profile which captures the state of the site’s configuration
at a point in time (e.g., immediately after creation of the site,
or after importing an extension profile.