- Is OpenElectrophy really free ?Yes
- So why is this software so good ?Developers are really good at programming.
- Are developers nice guys ?Yes! And there are good looking too. You should buy them a glass of wine.
- Do I absolutely need to learn SQL ?No. You can just click and play. Learning SQL will benefit at later times to synthetize very large datasets.
- Do I absolutely need to learn python ?No. But often reseachers want to explore something new. If you want this, you need to code your own analyses.
- Do I need to re-code my old script in matlab, R, C++ ?
Of course not! Python provides tools to reuse codes in foreign languages:
So you can mix in the same analysis Python, SQL, Matlab and C!
- My boss has used Matlab for 15 years, made very very very specific developments and she/he do not want to change. What can I say to convice him ?
- Do not say anything.
- Use it.
- Be efficient.
- Do the port of 15 years of development in 2 months.
- And show her/him the result.