Modern Test Automation for Python
- at·test /əˈtɛst/
- To affirm to be correct, true, or genuine.
Attest is a test automation framework for Python emphasising modern idioms
from attest import Tests
math = Tests()
"""Ensure that the laws of physics are in check."""
assert 1 + 1 == 2
if __name__ == '__main__':
- Collect tests using decorators instead of matching names against a regexp
- Set up fixtures as context managers that can be combined and reused
- Use the assert statement with arbitrary expressions that are inspected
- Scan for collections by type rather than by name
- Treat tests as Python packages rather than script files